BERLIN, May 27 (Reuters) - A bid for carmaker Opel by China's Beijing Automotive Industry Corp (BAIC) came too late for the government to assess it in depth, German Finance Minister Peer Steinbrueck said on Wednesday. He said the government was heading into a Wednesday meeting on Opel without a preferred bidder but said a preference could emerge by the end of the meeting in the German Chancellery. (Reporting by Matthias Sobolewski; Writing by Noah Barkin)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chinese bid for Opel came too late to assess-Finmin" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.