By Fang Yan SHANGHAI, Dec 27 (Reuters) - A deal struck this week puts a venerable British motoring brand in the hands of China's top car maker, raising hopes that Shanghai Automotive Co might do for MG what Germany's BMW did for the Mini. Shanghai Auto on Wednesday agreed a $286 million dollar deal to acquire the vehicle and core auto parts operations of Nanjing Auto, an eastern China manufacturer which surprised car enthusiasts in 2005 by snapping up the MG brand and some other assets ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chinese car deal raises hopes for MG revival" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642