By Ben Blanchard SHANGHAI, April 23 (Reuters) - Chinese car makers are rolling out cheaper, snazzier cars, and appealing to patriotism to wrest customers back from foreign car giants that dominate the market. Homegrown companies unveiled an astonishing range of cars at this week's Shanghai auto show, from Geely's fire-engine red Beauty Leopard sportster to Hafei Auto's futuristic Illusion concept car. Their main draw? Lower prices, even if buyers think foreign cars leave most domestic ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chinese carmakers taking battle to foreign giants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642