May 28 (Reuters) - General Motors Corp inched closer to bankruptcy on Thursday as its major bondholders agreed to accept a sweetened debt-to-equity swap that would give the creditors a bigger stake in the reorganized automaker. The deal could pave the way for a fast-track bankruptcy backed by the U.S. Treasury. [ID:nSP402834] It would be the biggest-ever bankruptcy for a U.S. industrial company. The following are key events in GM's history, including major deals and alliances by the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CHRONOLOGY-Key dates in General Motors' history" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.