March 25 (Reuters) - U.S. carmaker Ford agreed to sell its UK-based Jaguar and Land Rover brands to India's Tata Motors for more than $2 billion, said a source familiar with the matter on Tuesday. Following is a summary of the history of the two marques: 1885 - The Rover brand starts life as a bicycle -- Starley & Sutton Co's Rover Safety Bicycle, which replaces the unstable penny farthing bicycles of its day. 1903 - Rover starts work on its first motor car, led by designer Edmund ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CHRONOLOGY-Key dates for Jaguar and Land Rover" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642