March 26 (Reuters) -Motor Co is expected to confirm the sale of its British luxury brands Jaguar and Land Rover to India's top vehicle maker Motors for over $2 billion later on Wednesday.
For more details, double-click [ID:nL25657658]
For a selection of stories on the deal, double-click [ID:nBOM88020].
Following are some major overseas acquisitions byGroup companies in recent years:
- Feb 2000 - Tata Tea Ltd acquires UK's Tetley for $432 million, becoming the world's No. 2 packaged tea company
- Feb 2004 - Tata Motors signs a deal to buy the commercial vehicle unit of South Korea's Daewoo Group for $102 million
- Aug 2004 - Tata Steel Ltd buys Singapore's lone steel miller, NatSteel Ltd, for $286 million
- June 2005 - Tata Coffee buys U.S.-based Eight O'Clock Coffee Co for $220 million from Gryphon Investors
- July 2005 - Telecom firm Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd buys U.S.-based Teleglobe International Holdings Ltd for $239 million and completes the $130 million purchase of Tyco International's global undersea fibre optic cable network unit
- Aug 2006 - Tata Tea buys 30 percent of U.S. enhanced water firm Energy Brands Inc for $677 million. It sells the stake less than a year later to Coca-Cola for $1.2 billion
- Jan 2007 - Tata Steel acquires Anglo-Dutch steelmaker Corus Group for $13 billion, India's biggest overseas takeover yet
- March 2007 - Tata Power buys stakes in Indonesian PT Bumi Resources Tbk's two coal mines for $1.3 billion
- Jan 2008 - Tata Chemicals buys U.S. soda-ash producer General Chemical Industrial Products Inc for $1.01 billion Sources: Reuters; Tata Group Web site (www.tata.com) (Compiled by Nagesh Narayana and Rina Chandran; Editing by John Mair)