FRANKFURT, March 24 (Reuters) - Volkwagen and Porsche have been closely bound for more than a generation. Volkswagen's first boss was Porsche founder Ferdinand Porsche. His grandson, Ferdinand Piech, who managed Volkswagen, is now the group's chairman -- and his extended family still controls sports car maker Porsche. 1931 - Ferdinand Porsche opens a design office, sowing the seeds for a business that will later become Porsche. 1938 - Porsche, who designed the first VW Beetle for Adolf ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CHRONOLOGY-Porsche tightens generation-old bond with VW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642