DETROIT, Nov 28 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG will open a new assembly plant in South Carolina to produce vans, the state's department of commerce announced on Monday. Production of the automaker's all-new Dodge Sprinter van is expected to begin in North Charleston in the fourth quarter of 2006, according to the state. The automaker will adapt an existing facility to assemble the new vehicles. The next-generation vehicles produced in South Carolina will replace the current Sprinter ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler to build vans in new S. Carolina plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.