DETROIT , Jan 26 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler division on Wednesday said it will invest $419 million to overhaul the assembly plant in Belvidere, Illinois, where it currently builds its small-sized Neon car. Chrysler will begin building a new vehicle lineup at the plant, where it will add a second shift of workers and up to 1,000 new jobs, early next year, the company said in a statement. The retooling of the facility, backed by a contribution of almost $36 million from the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler to invest $419 million in Illinois plant" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642