FRANKFURT, June 29 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler is ready to match General Motors' offer giving all U.S. car buyers the same discounts its staff get if GM extends the promotion beyond next week, a Detroit newspaper said on Wednesday. Citing sources familiar with the matter, the Detroit News said that Chrysler had told its national dealer council on Tuesday it could make a similar offer as early as July 6 should GM extend its promotion through next month. GM, the world's top carmaker, has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler may match GM discounts if extended-paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.