DETROIT, Oct 25 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler AG's Chrysler arm said on Friday a Pennsylvania appeals court had dismissed a $58.5 million verdict against the automaker over air bags in about 75,000 vehicles. Chrysler said the appeals court threw out a 1999 verdict from a class-action lawsuit filed by a woman whose hand was burned after the air bags in her 1989 Chrysler LeBaron deployed in an accident. A jury found Chrysler liable for the burns, awarding $730 each to 75,000 plantiffs who ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler says court throws out $58.5 mln award" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642