DETROIT, July 26 (Reuters) - Chrysler Group said on Thursday it would begin offering a "lifetime" powertrain warranty on almost all of its new vehicles to increase sales and address a longtime concern of dealers. The warranty covers the engine, transmission and drive systems on Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge models for as long as a first-time owner drives the vehicle. It replaces the automaker's current three-year, 36,000-mile warranty. The extended warranty, not transferable if a vehicle is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Chrysler using "lifetime" warranty to boost sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.