NEW YORK, Dec 16 (Reuters) - Citigroup Inc. Chief Executive Charles Prince on Friday said it was hard or him to see the top U.S. bank buying General Motors Corp. financing unit, General Motors Acceptance Corp. (GMAC). The world's largest automaker is auctioning off a 51 percent stake in its lucrative unit, after losing nearly $4 billion this year as it struggles with high costs, declining market share to foreign rivals and slumping sales of cash-generating sport utility vehicles. GM has ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Citigroup CEO doesn't see bank buying GMAC" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642