BERLIN, Aug 21 (Reuters) - German Economy Minister Wolfgang Clement said on Thursday Berlin would like DaimlerChrysler AG's MTU aero engines unit to remain in German hands, as a newspaper quoted a company spokesman as saying that was unlikely. But in an interview with Reuters, Clement said planned legislation giving the government a veto over foreign takeovers of German defense companies was not aimed at individual cases, indicating the government could be powerless to stop an MTU sale. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Clement would prefer Daimler MTU unit stay German" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.