MILAN, July 25 (Reuters) - Italian financier Roberto Colaninno's holding company on Friday cleared the way to finalise the takeover of Piaggio, maker of the Vespa scooters that have buzzed down the country's streets since the 1950s. Colaninno rose to prominence through the shock takeover of Telecom Italia but control of Italy's leading telecom firm has since been wrested away from him. He has been in talks to buy a controlling stake in Piaggio since April. Though Vespa sales have been ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Colaninno holding backs wrap-up of Piaggio deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.