MILAN, April 28 (Reuters) - Italian financier Roberto Colaninno is in talks with Deutsche Morgan Grenfell about buying its controlling stake in Piaggio, maker of the iconic Vespa scooter, sources said on Monday. Colaninno, sitting on a substantial pile of cash after a Pirelli-led group wrested control of Telecom Italia from him in 2001, is widely understood to be looking for new opportunities and earlier this year made an abortive bid for control of Fiat . Colaninno recently acquired ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Colaninno in talks for Piaggio control-sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.