-- Christopher Swann is a Reuters columnist. The views expressed are his own -- By Christopher Swann NEW YORK, Oct 28 (Reuters) - It is becoming ever harder to justify the drip feed of government funding to GMAC. The government has significant sunk costs in the lender after providing $12.5 billion to keep it alive. Just today GMAC sold $2.9 billion of FDIC-backed debt. Handing over up to another $5.6 billion would make little sense. If the past six months have shown one thing, it is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"COLUMN-Pull the plug on GMAC: Christopher Swann" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642