-- Jason Bush is a Reuters columnist. The views expressed are his own -- By Jason Bush MOSCOW, Aug 27 (Reuters) - "Capitalism without bankruptcy is like Christianity without Hell." The old quip contains an important truth about the key disciplining role of bankruptcy in a well-functioning economy. Without an effective exit mechanism for failed businesses, you end up with something like the Soviet planned economy. Yet, as Russia's subsequent experience has shown, making bankruptcy work ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"COLUMN-Russia's broken bankruptcy law: no quick fix: Jason Bush" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.