NEW YORK, Sept 24 (Reuters) - COMEX gold launched a late rally on Wednesday to extend the day's range as dollar weakness, a stock market selloff and a surprise oil output cut by OPEC all conspired to shove yellow metal prices out of their consolidation doldrums, traders said. "Some people still think of gold as a hedge against inflation and higher oil prices equals inflation, so people tend to buy gold on that news," said one gold dealer. COMEX December gold futures finished with a $1.40 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"COMEX gold rallies into close on OPEC oil cut news" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.