Scott Painter says he wants to help dealers sell more cars. So why is the founder of TrueCar.com under attack by auto-retail people on social-network blogs and elsewhere? Painter contends he is the dealer’s friend when selling them his Zag/TrueCar lead-generation program. Then he says he is the consumer’s friend in their price battles with dealers. Is it possible to take both sides of the same issue at the same time? He also says he wants to transform the industry by ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"TrueCar.Com Truly Infuriates Many Dealers" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.