KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 26 (Reuters) - Germany's Continental AG , the world's fourth-largest tyre maker, will buy a 30 percent stake in the tyre unit of Malaysia's Sime Darby Bhd for $31 million, the companies said in a statement. Continental also has the option of buying another 21 percent in Sime's SDC Tyre Sdn Bhd by 2005, giving it control of the Malaysian unit and access to the Southeast Asian market, said the statement released before the signing of the deal on Wednesday. "Together with ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Continental AG to buy into Sime tyre unit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.