FRANKFURT, Nov 21 (Reuters) - German car parts company Continental AG aims to double sales at its automotive systems division CAS in Asia to 1 billion euros ($1.17 billion) by 2010, it said, adding it would likely build a tyre plant in China. "Here (in China) it appears we will decide in favour of a greenfield factory rather than establishing a joint venture," Chief Executive Manfred Wennemer said in a statement on Monday.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Continental AG details growth plans for Asia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.