Oct 6 (Reuters) - Germany's Continental AG plans to build a plant in South Carolina capable of making 5 million tires a year by 2017 and 8 million tires by 2021, its Americas arm said on Thursday. To meet growing tire retail and automotive demand, the plant will be built in Sumter County, South Carolina, Continental Tire the Americas LLC said. Continental plans to invest $500 million and create 1,600 jobs at the Sumter plant. The jobs will be filled by 2020, the company said. "In 2011 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Continental to build tire plant in S. Carolina" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642