FRANKFURT, Oct 29 (Reuters) - German tyre and car components maker Continental said on Wednesday it could close some of its tyre factories in the United States in the coming months. "In 2001 we closed five tyre factories in Europe with a total of around 4,500 employees and similar steps, although not on the same scale, stand before us in the coming months in the United States," Continental Chief Executive Manfred Wennemer said in an interview with German television station N24. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Continental CEO says could shut some U.S. plants" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.