HANOVER, Germany, Sept 22 (Reuters) - Tyre maker Continental AG will beat last year's operating profit in 2004, it reiterated on Wednesday, despite charges for the restructuring of its U.S. Mayfield plant. "The data from July and August confirm that we are on course despite the still patchy economic environment for autos," Chief Executive Manfred Wennemer said at a trade fair in the German city of Hanover.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Continental reiterates will beat 2003 profit" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.