FRANKFURT, May 27 (Reuters) - The banks of German tyre maker and auto parts group Continental AG oppose a deal that would see Continental taking over its peer Schaeffler, a source close to the matter told Reuters on Wednesday. Such a move would lead to a significant increase in debt and therefore higher risks for Continental's banks, the source said. Schaeffler said last week it was mulling a plan that could see it merge with Continental as the junior partner, in a reversal of last ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Continental's banks against Schaeffler deal-source" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.