(Fixes number of job cuts in headline, 1st paragraphs) NEW YORK, Sept 27 (Reuters) - American International Group Inc , the world's top insurer by market value, said on Thursday it plans to lay off about 605 workers following its takeover of auto insurer 21st Century Insurance Group. The job cuts will take place over a period of two years, said Joe Norton, a spokesman for AIG, which earlier said it had completed the acquisition of 21st Century. AIG said it expects to cut about 11 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CORRECTED - AIG says to lay off about 605 workers after buyout" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.