(Corrects governor's name in fourth paragraph) By Matthew Bigg PENSACOLA BEACH, Fla., June 26 (Reuters) - For decades opposition to oil drilling off Florida's coast was one of the few issues uniting the state's Democrats and Republicans, who agreed that shielding the environment and the huge tourism industry came first. Not now, as oil prices rise and U.S. motorists are paying serious prices at gasoline pumps. Last week Florida Gov. Charlie Crist, a Republican who often sounds like a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CORRECTED - FEATURE-Battle looms over oil drilling off Florida's coast" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642