(Corrects reference to previous record loss in 2nd paragraph to insert "billion.") DETROIT, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Ford Motor Co. on Thursday posted a fourth-quarter loss of almost $5.8 billion on declining sales of its profitable trucks and charges for employee buyouts. For the full year, Ford lost $12.7 billion, its deepest loss in its 103-year history. The previous record net loss was $7.39 billion in 1992. Ford, which is in the early stages of a turnaround plan that includes closing 16 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CORRECTED - Ford posts fourth-qtr loss of $5.8 billion" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.