(Corrects 12th paragraph to change amount of nickel on board ship to 160 tonnes, not 1,000 tonnes) JOHANNESBURG, Jan 25 (Reuters) - Volkswagen South Africa said on Thursday it was cutting back on production after losing car parts on a ship grounded off the southern English coast. Looters made away with everything from car parts to BMW motorbikes and nappies as wreckage littered the beach after MSC Napoli was purposely grounded last Saturday to prevent it sinking at sea amid storms. The ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CORRECTED - Grounded ship hits S.Africa car, wine sectors" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642