(Corrects paragraph 2 to say operating profit was nearly eight times year-ago figure, not more than six times) TOKYO, July 31 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co's operating profit rose less than expected in the April-June period to 176 billion yen ($2.25 billion), as a strong yen eroded some of the gains from its sales recovery in North America, its biggest and most profitable market. While the result was below the average estimate of 197.4 billion yen by seven ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CORRECTED-Honda Q1 profit jumps, but below market expectations" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.