(Corrects paragraph four to make clear DaimlerChrysler is not taking a provision for the risk. Correction follows clarification from the company) FRANKFURT, May 21 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler has assumed a $1 billion risk from Chrysler should its pension plans be terminated before an agreement with U.S. agency Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) expires in five years. A spokesman for Daimler said on Monday that it had shouldered the risk as part of a deal to sell its loss-making ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CORRECTED - -(OFFICIAL)-Daimler bears $1 bln Chrysler pension risk" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.