(Deletes reference in paragraph 5 to new motor vehicle sales for May) OTTAWA, June 20 (Reuters) - Having dug themselves out from heavy March snow, Canadians returned to stores in April and pushed retail sales up by 0.6 percent, Statistics Canada said on Friday. This will give a good start to the second quarter's gross domestic product, which economists and politicians are nervously eyeing in light of the first quarter's slight decline. It was the fifth increase in retail sales in seven ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CORRECTED - UPDATE 1-Canadians return to stores after March snow" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.