(Corrects 8th para to say Japan was EU's seventh-largest, not third-largest, trade partner in 2011) * Deal comes after concerns from France, Italy * EU car industry fears influx of Japanese cars * Negotiations could take several years By Robin Emmott and Sebastian Moffett BRUSSELS, Nov 29 (Reuters) - EU trade ministers overcame resistance from the car industry on Thursday and agreed to start negotiations to create a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-EU, Japan to seek trade deal despite carmaker fears" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.