(Corrects paragraph 12 to remove phrase "who have poor credit histories", which relates to borrowers) (Recasts, adds details GM's new incentive program and background) By Poornima Gupta DETROIT, April 27 (Reuters) - U.S. auto industry sales have dropped far below expectations for April, a Ford Motor Co. executive said on Friday as rival General Motors Corp. rolled out an incentive program intended to boost crucial month-end sales. "This month is terrible," Ford chief sales analyst ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CORRECTED - UPDATE 2-Ford warns on US industry sales, GM offers rebate" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.