(Corrects paragraph 2 to say that GM, not J.D. Powers, said lower auto sales could affect the success of the company.) * Cites flattening economy, high jobless rate * Lowers 2011 forecast 3.6 pct to 13.2 mln vehicles * Cuts 2010 forecast to 11.6 mln vehicles from 11.7 mln (Adds August sales forecast, comments, from Edmunds.com) By Bernie Woodall DETROIT, Aug 19 (Reuters) - J.D. Power and Associates cut its U.S. auto sales forecasts for the remainder of 2010 and 2011 as it expects a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"CORRECTED - UPDATE 2-J.D. Power lowers U.S. auto sales forecasts" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.