TORONTO, Nov 22 (Reuters) - A Canadian court postponed making a ruling on Monday on a refinancing deal for Stelco Inc. offered by Deutsche Bank , and the court gave the two firms until Thursday to refine their proposal. The extension comes after Canada's No. 1 steelmaker lost a contract to supply steel to its biggest customer, General Motors Corp. . "We are working on some of the items of the Deutsche Bank deal," Michael Barrack, one of Stelco's lawyers told reporters after the ruling.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Court gives Stelco, Deutsche extension for deal" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.