* Personal security industry booming * Caracas one of world's most dangerous cities * Sales grow of armored cars, guards, alarms By Eyanir Chinea CARACAS, June 30 (Reuters) - At a workshop in the Venezuelan capital Caracas, technicians strip down a dozen luxury automobiles and begin the painstaking process of converting them into fortresses on wheels. The pressure is on as workers swarm over the vehicles, carefully lifting out windows and replacing panels with thick metal plates -- ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Crime wave fuels armored car sales in Caracas" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.