PRAGUE, May 31 (Reuters) - Trade unions at the biggest Czech steel maker Ispat Nova Hut called a one-day strike for June 11 to support wage demands, the unions said on Monday. They are demanding a 10 percent increase in 2004 monthly wages from last year's average of 22,700 crowns ($876), while the management is proposing a three percent hike. "We will do everything to halt the company," Nova Hut trade union official Vladimir Dragon told Reuters. Nova Hut spokesman Ivo Celechovsky ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Czech steel maker Nova Hut unions plan wage strike" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.