By Brian Kelleher and Kim So-young HONG KONG/SEOUL, June 23 (Reuters) - Kumho Asiana's $6.9 billion bid for Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co. has made South Korea one of Asia's busiest markets for mergers and acquisitions, and more mega auctions are on the way. The deal is the latest in a series of auctions for restructured South Korean companies, including upcoming sales of LG Card Co. and Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. , which could fetch a combined $10 billion. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daewoo deal boosts busy South Korean M&A market" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.