SINDELFINGEN, Germany, Feb 20 (Reuters) - Carmaking giant DaimlerChrysler AG said on Thursday it had ended talks with China's FAW on a possible trucks partnership, confirming an earlier Reuters report. "We were the ones to go into the talks with FAW and we ended them .. after it became clear it would not generate the strategic benefit we wanted," Eckhard Cordes, head of Daimler's trucks unit told reporters. He said, however, that Daimler was in talks with other potential partners in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler confirms ended trucks talks with China FAW" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.