FRANKFURT, June 28 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler will launch its two-seat Smart minicar in the United States beginning in 2008, the world's fifth-biggest carmaker confirmed on Wednesday. It said it had selected UnitedAuto Group as its exclusive distributor for Smart in the world's biggest car market. Company officials are encouraged that high fuel prices will prompt more Americans to consider buying a small car.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler confirms U.S. Smart car launch in 2008" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.