WOERTH, Germany Sept 30 (Reuters) - Daimler aims to sell more than 500,000 trucks in 2013, up from 355,000 last year, the luxury carmaker's Chief Executive said on Friday. CEO Dieter Zetsche also told journalists that the trucks unit would use its plants to capacity until the end of the year and that the order backlog to be cleared in the first quarter of next year was already at a good level. (Reporting by Christiaan Hetzner; Writing by Ludwig Burger)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler eyes half a million trucks in annual sales" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.