FRANKFURT, June 28 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler will launch its two-seat Smart minicar in the United States in early 2008, sources at the world's fifth-biggest carmaker said on Wednesday. A formal announcement is due later in the day, they said. DaimlerChrysler declined comment. The move would represent an attempt to broaden the market for the group's subcompacts. Smart has lost money since the brand was launched in 1998. Company officials are encouraged that high fuel prices will ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler to launch Smart car in US in 2008 -sources" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642