FRANKFURT, Feb 26 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler is leaning in favour of launching its struggling Smart minicar brand in the United States, its chief executive told a German newspaper on Sunday. "It is now more likely that we will decide in favour of, rather than against (entering) the U.S.," Dieter Zetsche told Handelsblatt newsaper in an interview released in advance of publication on Monday. A decision on launching the next generation of Smart two-seaters in the United States is expected ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler nears decision on U.S. Smart launch -paper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642