FRANKFURT, June 22 (Reuters) - DaimlerChrysler will name trucks chief Eckhard Cordes to head its luxury Mercedes Car Group unit on July 28, Financial Times Deutschland reported on Tuesday, citing sources at the auto maker. Cordes won key approval from employee representatives on the supervisory board by engineering a turnaround of its loss-making commercial vehicles division without resorting to layoffs, it said. "He's done a brilliant job here," the paper quoted one source as saying. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler to pick Cordes as Mercedes head -newspaper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.