FRANKFURT, Aug 27 (Reuters) - German-American automotive giant DaimlerChrysler has received over 50,000 orders for its new A-Class model from customers in western Europe, the company said on Friday. "We've sold the planned yearly volume of 50,000 units even before the presentation for dealers," said Joachim Schmidt, head of sales and marketing at Mercedes Car Group. The group said more than 32,000 customers ordered the new compact car in Germany alone.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler says new A-Class orders above 50,000" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.