Daimler Trucks seeks 1.6 bln eur efficiency gain

Newswire

FRANKFURT, June 28 (Reuters) - Daimler's truck unit on Thursday said it aims to achieve 1.6 billion euros ($2.0 billion) in cost savings and revenue benefits from 2013 with a new efficiency programme. Daimler said around 30 percent of this amount will come from an additional sales push in core markets and the remaining 70 percent from reducing production and procurement costs as well as efficiencies from economies of scale. ($1 = 0.8028 euros) (Reporting By Edward Taylor)

Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)

"Daimler Trucks seeks 1.6 bln eur efficiency gain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:

  All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
  Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
  •   Global sales and production data by country
  •   U.S. model-line inventory data
  •   Engine and equipment installation rates
  •   WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
  •   Product Cycle chart
  •   Interrelationships among major OEMs
  •   Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
   •  Historical data and much more!


For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Amber McLincha by email: amclincha@wardsauto.com or phone: (248) 799-2622
 

Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.

Already registered? here.
Data Center

There are a number of ways to find data on WardsAuto:

BROWSE : Explore the breadth of WardsAuto data by geography and data type.
SEARCH: Use keywords and filters to search all data.
Reference: View reference and non-time-series data.
Public Data: A collection of data tables available to non-subscribers.

A subscription is required to see locked content.
We also welcome requests for customized data.

Go to Data Center

An ignition-switch recall has General Motors facing its first corporate crisis since bankruptcy. What would be its next most sensible move? (Log in or register to vote.)

Upcoming Events
RSS
Connect With Us

Sponsored Introduction Continue on to (or wait seconds) ×