FRANKFURT, June 28 (Reuters) - Daimler's truck unit on Thursday said it aims to achieve 1.6 billion euros ($2.0 billion) in cost savings and revenue benefits from 2013 with a new efficiency programme. Daimler said around 30 percent of this amount will come from an additional sales push in core markets and the remaining 70 percent from reducing production and procurement costs as well as efficiencies from economies of scale. ($1 = 0.8028 euros) (Reporting By Edward Taylor)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler Trucks seeks 1.6 bln eur efficiency gain" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.