FRANKFURT, July 27 (Reuters) - German autos giant DaimlerChrysler AG remains committed to its ailing U.S. Chrysler unit and has no intention of selling it, a company board member told a German newspaper. "Chrysler belongs to us, just like Mercedes-Benz," DaimlerChrysler board member Ruediger Grube told Die Welt newspaper, according to an advance copy of an article to be published on Monday. "The strategy that DaimlerChrysler has been following since the 1998 merger needs time, because we ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler will not ditch ailing Chrysler -newspaper" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.