FRANKFURT, Dec 17 (Reuters) - Daimler AG's North American bus business has won orders from New York City and Ottawa for a total of 1,052 diesel-electric hybrid public transit buses, the company said on Monday. These buses will be powered by BAE Systems' hybrid propulsion system and will be delivered into 2010. Compared with standard diesel buses, these hybrid buses deliver up to 30 percent better fuel economy while reducing emissions, the company said. (Reporting by Michael Shields; ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Daimler wins orders for 1,052 hybrid city buses" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642